Thursday 21 May 2015

Review: Nars - All day luminous weightless foundation.

Why is it that when I claim to have no money I go ahead and spend £32 on a foundation that I actually don't need? I'm unbelievable.

I've tried sheer glow and didn't have a great experience with it as my skin is oily/combo, it broke down after a few hours wear and moved all over the place, even when set with powder. I was so disappointed as I know so many people that love this foundation and it looks amazing on them, but for me it obviously wasn't meant to be.

So, when I heard NARS were bringing out an oil free foundation that is meant to be full coverage and long wearing I knew I had to try it... so I did.

What they say:

"The answer to all your foundation needs, Nars have masterfully created an oil-free blend that provides full natural-looking coverage with an unexpected weightlessness. The highly-pigmented formula delivers up to 16 hours of flawless looking skin."

The packaging is BEAUTIFUL! It comes in a frosted glass bottle and a black matte-type lip and a PUMP! Finally. Thank you, Nars.

I applied to this to my face at about 7AM, I moisturised and primed as usual and heres how it looked (Please excuse the gormless expression, it was early) :

Now, it looks alright... for £32 I expected a little more though. I blended relatively easy and did look a little 'luminous' but I wasn't that impressed. It made my pores really noticeable and clung to any area at all that was even slightly dry (and I have oily skin!)
I have heard people say that it looks better the longer you wear it, so I trooped on.

After a few hours I noticed it had started to crease and sink into any lines it could. It creased in my smile lines, my forehead and very badly under my eyes. Not impressed.

So, here I am, a measly 5 hours later and it looks TERRIBLE! It claims to last around 16 hours, which I found it clearly did not. Heres how it looks now, after only 5 hours wear.
I don't know how well it shows on the picture but It has broken down all over, not just in my T-Zone, but all over! It has gone extremely patchy and seems to have oxidised a fair bit. As you can see, it isn't an exact match to my neck (Which it was when I first applied it) and this is the lightest shade they offer 'Siberia'.

Overall, I'm really not that impressed. I wanted to love this foundation so bad, but sadly, it just didn't work for me.

Have any of you tried this foundation and experienced the same thing? Or do any of you love it?

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts