Monday 25 May 2015

Review: Scott Cornwall - Decolour Hair Colour Remover.


Once again I'm messing about with my hair... Shocker!

If you read my blog you'll know that I've tried a few hair 'stripper' type products before, my most recent being 'Superdrug Colour Rewind' Review: Here.  Now as much as I loved the superdrug one, I found that after the first time I washed it, it seemed to really oxidise and go back really dark! They say this only happens if you didn't rinse for long enough, but I doubled the time of rinsing to make sure... so I really don't think thats the case.

After that happened, I was a little let down, but I refused to be defeated, so thought I'd try again. I did a little research on some colour removing products and settled on the 'Scott Cornwall Decolour Hair Colour Remover' - It is a little pricier than the other ones, retailing at £12.99, but my thought process was 'if its more expensive, it must work better'.

When I went into boots I had a hard time finding the product as they have changed the packaging.

What they say:
"Decolour Hair Colour Remover is a safe way to remove all types of permanent and semi-permanent hair colour without lightening or changing your natural hair colour.
  • No ammonia, bleach or peroxide.
  • Simply apply, develop and in less than an hour rinse away any unwanted colour or reverse the effect of build-up resulting from frequent colouring
  • Decolour Remover uses the latest technology to safely and effectively 'shatter' the colour molecule rather than just ‘shrink’ it. Hair requires minimal rinsing and has a reduced risk of re-oxidisation
  • Removes artificial colour pigments without changing the underlying natural hair colour.
  • Works for all types of colour removal from incorrect tone to heavy black colour build up.
  • Unique formula protects hair lipid levels and retains hair condition.
  • Will not lighten hairbase shade."

It's pretty standard in terms on what you get inside, 2 bottles to mix together, one you use for when its time to rinse, instructions and gloves (which are terrible).  What is different about this one is the 3rd step is usually a buffer, which is a shampoo type product, whereas this one has whats called a balm, which is a lot more like conditioner and leaves your hair super smooth!

SC says that this product is different from a normal remover as it doesn't only shrink the colour molecules, it apparently shatters them... which sounds a little scary, but I went ahead anyway!

I smothered it on my head, it was super easy to apply. I then waited the recommended amount and of time and rinsed. Its worth noting that this product requires no where near the amount of rising time that the usual removers do!

I was so pleased with the results, but didn't want to get my hopes up as I know what these kind of products are like for oxidising, but here we are, a week and 2 washes later and the colour has remained exactly the same!

This is the best colour removing product I have ever used, and that is no exaggeration! I am absolutely thrilled with the results. (Yes, I know what you're probably thinking) It is a very warm shade, but being a lover of ginger hair, I am absolutely okay with that.

I think I am going to use one more box of this, to see if it can get me back any lighter, I'll update you on my results.

Have you tried this? Or anything similar?

Jess x

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! Did you notice the activator being thick? I was just about to try this product, but the activator liquid is so stiff it cannot be poured out of the bottle. Now I'm concerned whether my product is faulty... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! No, I definitely didn't notice that! Maybe try warming it up? See if that helps. (: x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It just tried this too and I love it!! My hair was bright red for over two years and I wanted to go back to blond, after being told by the hairdresser they couldn't do it without bleaching out the colour and damaging my hair I tried this instead and it worked, it took all of the red out leaving me with a slightly warm dark blond. I'm wrapped with that.

    ReplyDelete


Popular Posts