Monday 21 January 2013

Review: Hair Extensions - Dirty Looks

My hair used to grow pretty fast, until I discovered the world of hair dye. Being a natural blonde, any colour would take to my hair, I could do whatever I wanted to it, and before thinking about the damage I was about to cause, I bleached it.

From bleached hair I went to platinum, then to red, to brunette, to black, to pink, to ginger, back blonde, to silver, back pink, back ginger, back brunette, to ombré, now back to ginger... and yes, I still have hair left. It seems I have extremely strong hair, so the hairdressers tell me, yet my hair refuses to grow after I cut it into a bob a few years ago. Luckily for me, I found hair extensions.

I've been wearing hair extensions for nearly 5 years now, so you can imagine that I have tried a lot! These include:
  • Sally's Euronext
  • Ebay Extensions
  • Beauty Express
  • Foxy Locks
  • Hairdo
Now, if you're an extension lover like me, you know what I mean when I say that my postman delivered a little metallic silver parcel to me this morning. YAY!
My 'Headkandy' (Now known as Dirty Looks) hair extensions had arrived!

Headkandy/Dirty Looks do a massive range of colours, but if you're still unsure you can send a picture of yourself in and they will match the colour for you. They also do a great range of lengths:
  • 12"-14" / 150 grams / £69.99
  • 16"-18" / 160 grams / £85.99
  • 20"-22" / 180 grams / £95.88
  • 24"-26" / 180 grams / £124.99
I got the colour 'Dye it yourself' in 20-22", I have actually measured them and mine actually reach 21".

Now, I have read a ton of reviews on these and everyone had mentioned the sleek, black box that they come in... so you can imagine my surprise when I opened it to find this... 




So, panicking slightly, thinking that they've sent me some random purchase, I emailed the people at Headkandy/Dirty Looks and asked about why I was sent a purple box, this was her reply...



"Hi Jessica :)
Thanks for the email!


Your one of the few lucky customers to receive our new packaging :) We have changed the packaging recently so not everyone will get the purple boxes just yet.


Please get back to us if you need any further help.


With Kind Regards


Holly
HK Hair Client Care"

So, they've changed the packaging! I must say, I LOVE it! They've also changed to inside packaging, it is now full of light purple polka dots!




Anyway, heres what you get! 


This is what the hair comes in, the right hand package has a small section of hair which you can try out to see if the colour matches, which I personally think is an amazing idea! The section comes with a little card, which tells you what it is for.

It also comes with a handy little booklet with tips in it, and a diagram to show you where to place your extensions. 




The Extensions!
what you get:
  • 1 clip weft x2
  • 2 clip weft x5
  • 3 clip weft x2
  • 4 clip quad weft x1
So, here they are...
You can see how amazing and thick these look, they are so soft and beautiful! The ends are so thick as well. The clips are super sturdy, and I can tell they will hold for hours.






I've tried to show the true colour on these photos, it is inbetween blonde and brown, with a slightly caramel tone to them...

Overall, my first impression of these is a great one, I'm extremely impressed! I'm going to dye them and see how they hold up and do another review in a few months!

Jess x

No comments:

Post a Comment


Popular Posts